Dr Angela Melder, PhD is an academic advisor in system improvement, healthcare improvement and knowledge translation at Monash Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre and Monash Centre for Health Research and Implementation, Monash University. Dr Melder has extensive experience in knowledge translation within a hospital setting and has managed an intermediary evidence unit, and overseen the synthesis and facilitated the utilisation of evidence to inform the development and implementation of diverse models of care at the largest health service in Victoria. Dr Melder has completed a doctorate in understanding the complexity of healthcare improvement and implementation science at an organisational level to achieve system-wide quality improvement. Drawing on expertise and experience of working in, and examining complex healthcare settings enables Dr Melder to contribute critical insights and skills to the MCHRI MCHRI platform of Implementation, healthcare improvement.
If you are a student interested in doing research with me, connect below or email me.
- Enticott J, Melder A Johnson A, et al, A Learning Health System Framework to Operationalize Health Data to Improve Quality Care: An Australian Perspective Front. Med., 2021.
- Melder A, Mcloughlin I, Robinson T, Teede H. Using institutional entrepreneurship to understand the role of innovation teams in healthcare: a longitudinal qualitative study. BMJ Open 2021.
- Melder, A., Robinson, T., McLoughlin, I., Iedema, R., & Teede, H. (2020). An overview of healthcare improvement: Unpacking the complexity for clinicians and managers in a learning health system. Internal Medicine Journal, 50(10), 1174-1184.
- Robinson, T., Skouteris, H., Burns, P. Melder A, Bailey C, Croft C, Spyridonidis D, Teede H. Flipping the paradigm: a qualitative exploration of research translation centres in the United Kingdom and Australia. Health Res Policy Sys 18, 111 (2020).
- Robinson, T., Bailey, C., Morris, H. Burns P, Melder A, Croft C, Spyridonidis D, Bismantra H, Skouteris H, Teede H. Bridging the research–practice gap in healthcare: a rapid review of research translation centres in England and Australia. Health Res Policy Sys 18, 117 (2020).
- Melder, A., Robinson, T., Mcloughlin, I. et al. Integrating the complexity of healthcare improvement with implementation science: a longitudinal qualitative case study. BMC Health Serv Res 22, 234 (2022).